BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Goose Egg


So there I was, stepping out of line to take my turn at catching a pop-fly at my softball practice. I bent my knees and rocked side to side on the balls of my feet. Ready.
The ball cracked off my coach's bat and sailed through the air. I turned on my heels and ran to the right attempting to catch the ball over my shoulder. What a dumb move. As the ball neared my mitt, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to snag it out of the air but it was too close for me to react.
BAM! The ball came and hit me right under my left eye on my cheek bone. It stung but my eyes only teared up as the other girls on my team rushed over to check if I was ok. They were more scared than I was.
One girl touched where I had been and said," Holy s@*t! You can see the laces of the ball on your face." I must have been hit pretty hard but I didn't care. I had been hit harder before and I really don't want to wear one of those girly clear masks to protect my face. They are stupid and you cannot see out of them. Plus part of the game is getting hurt. If that means having the red goose egg on my cheek then I guess it's worth it.

2 people cared:

Kayla said...

it wasn't that bad... i could barely see it :)

Quinnayy said...

Snap that really happened?! I didnt notic it so you must have cleaned it up pretty good! i think you should have worn an eyepatch for the heck of it :P