Has your mom ever not let you hang out with someone just because they didn't know them? Most people I know don't have this problem but my mom is WAY over-protective. I hate it!!! She says that she is just doing her job as a parent but isn't their job to guide us and trust that we will do the right thing? How are we ever going to learn if we can't experiment ourselves?
So here is what happened:
During school, one of my good friends invited me to go to the movies with her and a bunch of other people and I thought it was great. I was going to have so much fun but when I got home and asked my mom, my daydream turned into a nightmare. She told me that she trusted my judgement and all but she didn't like some of the people that this friend hangs out with. I mean, does that really matter? Shouldn't she trust me not to get involved with bad people. She should, but with the fair share of betrayals I have witnessed then I guess she just doesn't want to see me hurt but she needs to back off a little. I need to teach myself and learn my own way or I will keep making mistakes.
Anyway, as a compromise, she said taht my friend could sleepover next week so she could "Get to know her better". Lame but still, at least I get to hang with her....
Over-protective parents SUCK!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Movies and much more...
Posted by Lilfink at 2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 people cared:
i completely and totally know what you mean..... my mom freaks out when i cross pyramid high way when i go shopping......
Post a Comment